"Yurl, a sentient cucumber vine, puts its roots down in a squat clay pot on the floor of its hut. Myriad wares rest on oaken shelves throughout the room, and with its tendrils Yurl exhibits them to interested customers by crawling along an iron trellis. You notice that Yurl creeps toward products almost before you think of them; the gift of telepathy affords the sprightly vine a distinct advantage as a chandler."
Yurl is the main trader in Kyakukya. He is found in the northwest part of town inside the fenced off area.
- Try not to lead any hostile enemies back to the town near Yurl. This can lead to him summoning various plantlife around town. This causes a mess of things and can turn villagers against each other.
- Player with Fungal Infection will trigger hostilities toward yurl and may result in him attacking you
- On the other hand, this can be beneficial. If Mayor Nuntu dies, he will drop the Corpus Choliys, saving you the water required to purchase it. If Svenlainard dies, you gain access to both Polluxus and Caslainard, as well as his other items.
Yurl: Friend! Guns? Knifes? Hats? Cucumber?
- Player: What are you? What's your story?
- Yurl: I am Yurl, chandler and consortium notary. As for my story, I've been growing out of this pot for a while now. Before that, i've been in another pot.
- Player: Consortium?
- Yurl: Yes, the Consortium of Phyta. We are a fellowship of trees, vines, shrubs, weeds, flowers, herbs, cacti, algae -- most sorts of plants, really. A dastardly crowd, unquestionably, but how else am I to restock my shelves or ascertain news from across Qud?
- Player: What about fungi?
- Yurl: Fungi? I am a chandler and a gentleplant. I cook fungi. I shelter myself under the caps of fungi. But consort with fungi? You do me harm, Player. I believe I have a caller, presently. Perhaps you should retire from here.
- Player: But...
- Yurl: I said, "Good day," Player [end]
- Player: Let's Trade [begin trade]
- Player: No, thank you. Good day [end]