This Mutation costs 3 Mutation Points.
At Level 1: Edit
- You travel over land at 2x speed
- 40% reduced chance of becoming lost
- While outside, you may fly (you cannot be hit in melee by grounded creatures while flying)
- 5% chance of falling clumsily to the ground
- Cannot wear anything on back
- +400 reputation with birds and winged mammals
|Reduction to Chance
of Getting Lost
|1||40%||5%||2x (of land move speed)|
- Very useful when surrounded by tough enemies because it allows you to fast travel to the world map despite hostiles
- You can take advantage of not being hit by melee attacks by attacking equimaxes, by using ranged weapons or flaming/freezing hands to grind experience with somewhat safe methods
- At later levels, you have a minuscule chance of falling to the ground and a higher chance of not becoming lost (decreases getting lost chance at intervals of 4% and 1% decrease each level of falling clumsily to the ground)
- +.5 increase to flying speed each level
- Land-bound creatures will have a lot of trouble seeing you when you're flying
- While underground, you cannot fly at all
- Prevents you from wearing useful back items like the Chrome Mantle, Helping Hands or Flamethrower.
- At low character levels, flying can be deceptively dangerous in some areas, as some flying monsters are unexpectedly tough in melee
- Note that most of the benefits of a low-leveled Wings mutation can be obtained by wearing Mechanical Wings; therefore, you might be better off seeking those out instead, spending your mutation points elsewhere and leaving your back free when not using your wings.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.