True Kin are a race of pure, unmutated humans. They have sustained themselves for thousands of years inside one of their three pristine Bio-Domes, name mentioned from the Arcology of the True Kin:
- The Toxic Arboreta of Ekuemekiyye, The Holy City
- Ekyemekiyye is a modern agricultural and religious society
- The Ice-Sheated Arcology of Ibul
- Ibul is a militaristic and technological society
- The Crustal Mortar of Yawningmoon
- Yawningmoon is an industrial society, located deep undergound
- Better Starting Weapons, Items, and Equipment than Mutants
- Higher Stats, Bonus Resistances, and more skill points per level up than mutants
- Interchangeable and often very powerful Cybernetics parts.
- Putus Templar will be friendly with True Kin instead of murder machines.
- Tonics have stronger effects and will never backfire (unless you inject several at once).
- Slower Growth, due to requiring player to hunt for Cybernetics and Cybernetics Credit Wedge which are a very rare commodity
- Cybernetics aren't upgradable like mutations
- Require more effort and skill to play than mutant since you have to depend more on using artifacts
Character Creation Edit
Starting with the attribute distribution, True Kin starts with
- 12 in each attribute
- 38 points to spend (mutants have 44)
- Can raise their attributes up to 24 (4+ modifier)
- Attributes above 18 points cost twice the amount of attribute points
Pick Your Arcologies & Caste Edit
Next, they choose one of 12 backgrounds from one of the three arcologies.
- Praetorian are the most recommended for all-around combatant since they start with mid-grade armor, shield, and a Desert Rifle (ammo not included)
- Artifex are a secondary choice for those who wants to have a quick boost at Tinkering for Bits and Artifacts. They also earn a random data disk that are within their skill level, and 4 fully filled water container
Pick Your Starting Cybernetics augment. Edit
Finally, they start with one Cybernetics augment. You can choose to not take an augment and receive +1 Toughness. Each Arcology has a unique augment that will not be found in the world and can only be chosen at startup.
|Gameplay Mechanics||Achievements - Character Creation(Calling - Arcologies) - Cooking and Gathering - Cooking Recipes - Desecration - Dismemberment - Journal - Faction Hero - Psychic Glimmer- Psychic Assassin - Modification - Relic - Scrap & Bits - Tinkering - Trade - Water Ritual - Reputation - Wish/Cheats - World Map|
|Character Mechanics||Attributes - Quickness - Move Speed - AV - DV - Mental Armor - Hitpoints - Experience - Temperature - Skills - Mutation - Cybernetics - Mutants - True Kin|
|Major Categories||Artifacts - Armor & Equipment - Weapons - Monsters - Factions - Locations - Quests|
|Elemental Damages >||Acid - Electrical - Cold - Heat - Astral - EMP - Explosive - Light - Mental - Vibration|
|Status Effects >||Astrally Burdened - Astrally Tethered - Bleeding - Confused - Dazed - Fates Have Their Way - Fear - Flaming - Frozen - Ill - Itchy Skin - Lovesick - Paralyzed - Phased - Poison - Prone - Sleep - Slipped - Sprinting - Stuck - Stunned|