Overview[edit | edit source]
True Kin are a race of mostly pure, unmutated humans. They have sustained themselves for thousands of years inside one of their three pristine Bio-Domes, name mentioned from the Arcology of the True Kin:
- The Toxic Arboreta of Ekuemekiyye, The Holy City
- Ekyemekiyye is a modern agricultural and religious society
- The Ice-Sheated Arcology of Ibul
- Ibul is a militaristic and technological society
- The Crustal Mortar of Yawningmoon
- Yawningmoon is an industrial society, located deep undergound
Advantages[edit | edit source]
- Better starting weapons, items, and equipment than mutants.
- Higher Stats, Bonus Resistances, and more Skill Points per level up than mutants.
- May install and interchangeable powerful Cybernetics parts at Becoming Nooks.
- May Rebuke Robots, pacifying or turning them into followers.
- Putus Templar will be neutral with True Kin instead of murder machines.
- Tonics have stronger effects and will never backfire (unless you inject several at once).
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
- Slower Growth, due to requiring player to hunt for Cybernetics and the rare Cybernetics Credit Wedge.
- Cybernetics are rare and provide static benefits (cannot be incrementally upgraded like mutations), and require a Becoming Nook to install.
- Rebuke Robot is very short ranged (1), making it dangerous to use against more powerful robots.
- More difficult and artifact-centric playstyle than mutants.
Character Creation[edit | edit source]
Starting with the attribute distribution, True Kin starts with:
- 12 in each attribute.
- 38 points to spend (mutants have 44).
- Can raise their attributes up to 24 (4+ modifier).
- Attributes above 18 points cost twice the amount of attribute points.
Pick Your Arcologies & Caste[edit | edit source]
Next, they choose one of 12 backgrounds from one of the three arcologies.
- Praetorian are recommended for an generalized combatant, since they start with mid-tier armor, shield, and a Desert Rifle (ammo not included).
- Artifex provide an initial boost to Tinkering, allowing early Bits collection and Artifacts production/modification. They also recieve a random low level data disk low level and 4 fully filled waterskins.
Pick Your Starting Cybernetics augment.[edit | edit source]
Finally, they start with one Cybernetic augment. Each Arcology has a unique augment which cannot be found in the world, and can only be chosen at character creation. Selecting to not take an take an augment grants +1 to Toughness.
|Gameplay Mechanics||Achievements - Character Creation(Calling - Arcologies) - Cooking and Gathering - Cooking Recipes - Desecration - Dismemberment - Journal - Faction Hero - Psychic Glimmer- Psychic Assassin - Modification - Relic - Scrap & Bits - Tinkering - Trade - Water Ritual - Reputation - Wish/Cheats - World Map|
|Character Mechanics||Attributes - Quickness - Move Speed - AV - DV - Mental Armor - Hitpoints - Experience - Temperature - Skills - Mutation - Cybernetics - Mutants - True Kin|
|Major Categories||Artifacts - Armor & Equipment - Weapons - Monsters - Factions - Locations - Quests|
|Elemental Damage >||Acid - Electrical - Cold - Heat - Astral - EMP - Explosive - Light - Mental - Vibration|
|Status Effects >||Astrally Burdened - Astrally Tethered - Bleeding - Confused - Dazed - Fates Have Their Way - Fear - Flaming - Frozen - Ill - Itchy Skin - Lovesick - Paralyzed - Phased - Poison - Prone - Sleep - Slipped - Sprinting - Stuck - Stunned|