|This information is reliable as of patch 126.96.36.199. If this is no longer the current patch, you can help by updating it.|
Thirst is a mechanic that works as a pseudo timer against the player. It decreases over time, and must be quenched to prevent dying of thirst. If autodrink is turned on and thirst passes the specified threshhold, the player character will automatically drink (or pour on themselves, if they have the Amphibious mutation) a dram of and increase their water level by 10,000. It is not possible to drink liquids if frozen.
Levels of Thirst[edit | edit source]
|Thirst level||Thirst level (Amphibious)||Thirst|
There is also a hidden max water level one creature can hold, which is 50,000. The game will advise the player if drinking something will put this over the limit. Drinking too much will force the creature to vomit and have their thirst level set to 20,000-30,000 less than the max water level. A pool will also spawn.
Effects of Thirst[edit | edit source]
If the player character is at 0 water, every action causes the character to save against a penetration roll against toughness, 1d(toughness modifier) and a save target of 2. If all three penetration attempts fail, the character will take2 damage.
Passive Thirst[edit | edit source]
How fast thirst decreases is calculated by the creature's Quickness divided by 5. If the creature has Amphibious, this amount is divided by 3 instead. Assuming that the creature has normal quickness, the water amount will decrease by 20 every action.
- Fasting Way will be multiplied by by 0.66.
- Mind over Body, will multiply the amount by 0.16.
- Thirst will not decrease if asleep.
- If the creature has Fatty Hump, thirst will decrease by a flat 1 instead.
Thirst in Combat[edit | edit source]
Several creatures have ways of removing or increasing a creatures thirst level. If the creature is Amphibious, The amount increased or decreased is divided by 10. Amphibious creatures are unable to go past their max water level (50,000) through this method.
- are stationary plant turrets that fire bullets. If these hit, thirst is decreased by 1-60,000 units.
- with are able to force the creature into quenching 60,000 units of thirst. This guarantees that the creature will vomit.
- Sludges bearing will dessicate target instead, setting their thirst level to 0.
References[edit | edit source]
Additional mechanics details referenced on this page are based on data from