Temperature is a property of Creatures (including player), Items and Tiles.
Player's temperature can be seen in the UI - it's the number with 'T' in front of it. Temperatures of other objects can be inferred only indirectly, through their status (burning/frozen), quickness (requires counting creature's actions), or effect on the environment (setting webs aflame etc.).
Having high temperature (for player, it's 350) results in being Flaming (causing 1 damage per turn). Having very high temperature (for player, 10k) results in instant death.
Each temperature increase is multiplied by (100 - Heat Resist)%, with minimum of 0.
Temperature can be increased, among others, by:
- Being near objects with high temperature
- Standing on a campfire, Kindle flame, or a similar object
- Being damaged by a heat-based, for example a Fire Ant attack
- Drinking Asphalt, Molten Wax, Lava (Lava will also deal a lot of non-heat damage)
- Standing still while under the effects of a Blaze Injector
The environment is also affected by high temperature:
- Water may be turned into Steam, which deals non-heat-based damage
- Many liquids will simply disappear when sufficiently heated, often before the player is set on fire. This can be useful in Golgotha.
- Rock may turn to Lava
- Many items and terrain features will be set on fire like creatures
- Oil and Asphalt will burn, but usually without any loss in mass
Having low temperature (below 0) results in 1% of quickness loss per 2 temperature points. Having very low temperature (for player, -100) results in being Frozen, but also negates the quickness penalty.
Each temperature decrease is multiplied by (100 - Cold Resist)%, with minimum of 0.
Temperature can be decreased, among others, by:
- Being near objects with low temperature
- Being in a naturally cold area, such as Bethesda Susa
- Being damaged by a cold-based attack, for example a Rimewyk attack
- Standing in Convalessence
- Pouring certain liquids (Fresh Water and Convalessence being the most effective) on self. Only works when on high temperature and won't decrease temperature significantly below 0.
- Wading through certain liquids. As above, but less effective.
The environment isn't heavily affected by cold:
- Some Liquids will freeze, causing creatures standing on them to get stuck
- Molten Wax will turn into globs that cannot be picked up, only destroyed
|Gameplay Mechanics||Achievements - Character Creation(Calling - Arcologies) - Cooking and Gathering - Cooking Recipes - Desecration - Dismemberment - Journal - Faction Hero - Psychic Glimmer- Psychic Assassin - Modification - Relic - Scrap & Bits - Tinkering - Trade - Water Ritual - Reputation - Wish/Cheats - World Map|
|Character Mechanics||Attributes - Quickness - Move Speed - AV - DV - Mental Armor - Hitpoints - Experience - Temperature - Skills - Mutation - Cybernetics - Mutants - True Kin|
|Major Categories||Artifacts - Armor & Equipment - Weapons - Monsters - Factions - Locations - Quests|
|Elemental Damages >||Acid - Electrical - Cold - Heat - Astral - EMP - Explosive - Light - Mental - Vibration|
|Status Effects >||Astrally Burdened - Astrally Tethered - Bleeding - Confused - Dazed - Fates Have Their Way - Fear - Flaming - Frozen - Ill - Itchy Skin - Lovesick - Paralyzed - Phased - Poison - Prone - Sleep - Slipped - Sprinting - Stuck - Stunned|