This Mutation costs 3 Mutation Points
You can spin sticky silk webs.
At Level 1: Edit
- While spinning, you leave webs in your wake as you move
- Cooldown: 80 rounds
- Duration: 6 rounds
- 30% chance to resist forced movement
- +200 reputation with arachnids
Higher levels increase duration of web emission and the strength of the webs.
- Very good at keeping enemies at a distance while running away
- Excels at blocking off narrow passages
- Creatures caught in webs take a substantial DV penalty, making them easy to pick off at range
- Can walk through any webs, even those not made by you
- Costs 3 Mutation Points
- Long cooldown
If you produce webs while phased out, you will produce phase webs instead of normal ones. While this might seem like trivia at first, it is actually immensely powerful, since you can use Harvestry on those webs to produce Phase Silk... and can cook with Phase Silk to gain the Phasing mutation, allowing you to continuously produce more Phase Silk provided you can find some to start with. This means that once you have a supply of Phase Silk, the Spinnerets mutation grants access to phasing and phasing-related cooking recipes whenever you need them. The Phase Silk to start this cycle can often be purchased at the Six-Day Stilt.