This Mutation costs 4 Mutation Points.
You read the history of artifacts by touching them, learning what they do and how they were made.
At Level 1: Edit
Unerringly identifies an artifact up to complexity tier 4
Bestows the ability to construct an identified artifact up to complexity tier 2 (must have the appropriate Tinker power)
You may open security doors upon touching them.
|Mutation Level||Maximum Identifiable Tier||Maximum Buildable Tier|
|1||Tier 4||Tier 2|
|2||Tier 5||Tier 2|
|3||Tier 5||Tier 3|
|4||Tier 6||Tier 3|
|5||Tier 6||Tier 4|
|6||Tier 7||Tier 4|
|7||Tier 7||Tier 5|
|8||Tier 8||Tier 5|
|9||Tier 8||Tier 6|
|10||Tier 9||Tier 6|
- Gives Tinkering-focused characters the ability to build a much wider range of artifacts
- Lets low-intelligence characters use artifacts they would normally be unable to identify
- Allows easier exploration of the Rusted Archway and other areas with security doors, as it removes the need to search for a high-clearance security card
- High mutation point cost at character generation
- Can be temporarily obtained by simply cooking a Ripe Banana