You replenish yourself by absorbing light from the sun through your hearty green skin.
You can bask in the sunlight instead of eating a meal to gain a special metabolizing effect for 1 day: +24% regeneration and +2 Quickness.
While in the sunlight, you accrue starch and lignin that you can use as ingredients in meals you cook (max 1 serving of each).
+200 reputation with roots, trees, vines, and the Consortium of Phyta.
Basking in the sunlight gives more regeneration and quickness for a longer time as this mutation is leveled up. The amount of regeneration can be calculated as +(20 + mutationLevel*4)% regeneration bonus. The added quickness can be calculated as +(mutationLevel + 3) / 2 Quickness.
- Level 1-4 duration: 1 day
- Level 5-8 duration: 2 days
- Level 9+ duration: 3 days
You accrue 1 serving of starch and lignin for every 6 hours spent in the sunlight up to a maximum based on your mutation level.
- Level 1-4 max servings: 1 serving of each
- Level 5-8 max servings: 2 servings of each
- Level 9+ max servings: 3 servings of each
- The easy quickness and regeneration can help if you are low on ingredients
- Saves skill points from going into Butchery and/or Harvestry by providing an easy way to get ingredients
- You may not bask at night
- The benefits from basking in the sunlight wear off after a spending a long time underground
- The quickness and regeneration benefit can easily be obtained by using other ingredients in your meals
- Instead of being famished, you wilt, giving you -10% regeneration and -5 quickness
- The bonus from basking in the sunlight does not stack with other metabolizing effects