Creation CodeThe letters that represent this
Mutation within a Build Code
ID?Use this ID to wish for the mutation
Reality DistortingReality distorting mutations
cannot be used under
the effects of normality.
You tap into the aggregate mind and steal power from other espers.
Refreshes all mental mutations
Cooldown: (level based)
Cooldown is not affected by Willpower.
Each use attracts slightly more attention from psychic interlopers.
Small chance each round for another esper to steal your powers
-200 reputation with the Seekers of the Sightless Way
Mass Mind is a mental mutation that allows the player to steal power from other espers, refreshing the cooldown of all of the player's mental mutations. However, possessing Mass Mind also allows other espers to do the same.
Mass Mind grants the "Tap the Mass Mind" activated ability, which, when used, will set the cooldown of all of the player's mental mutations to 0 and place Mass Mind on cooldown for a mutation level based number of rounds. Unlike most other abilities, the cooldown period for Mass Mind is not modified by the player's Willpower bonus.
Every round, players with Mass Mind have a small chance for their own powers to be stolen, causing their mental mutations to be placed on cooldown for 8d108-80 (Avg: 44) rounds. This cooldown period for other mutations is modified by the player's Willpower.
Despite the description claiming the player is stealing power from other espers and vice versa, espers located on the same map as the player cannot have their abilities placed on cooldown by Mass Mind, nor will a creature on-screen that uses Mass Mind cause the player's own abilities to go on cooldown.
If the user is shimmering due to consuming , they will be unable to use Mass Mind or have their powers stolen by other espers.
Formulas[edit | edit source]
The following formula is used to determine cooldown and the chance for other espers to steal the player's powers based on mutation level.
The cooldown of Mass Mind cannot be reduced below 100 rounds.
550 - 50 × MutationLevel
|Stolen Power Chance|
(0.13 - 0.005 × WillpowerBonus - 0.0065 × MutationLevel)%
Advancement Table[edit | edit source]
Cooldown[edit | edit source]
Stolen Power Chance[edit | edit source]
There is a chance each time the player takes an action for the player to have their powers stolen. This triggers specifically off the player's actions. For example, if the player has high quickness, they may take more than one action per "turn" compared to other creatures.
The base chance to have powers stolen is 0.13% (about 1 in 769 actions).
- The chance is lowered by 0.005% for each point of willpower bonus (or increased if you have a negative willpower bonus).
- The chance is lowered by 0.0065% for each Mass Mind mutation level.
To reduce the chance of powers being stolen to zero, the player would need to attain one of the following combinations of mutation level (ML) and willpower (WI):
Advantages & Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
Advantages[edit | edit source]
- Can allow the player to use mental mutations twice in a row, especially useful for one's with very long cooldowns
- Works on all of the player's mental mutations at once
- Each use increases Glimmer, which can be useful for farming Ego
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
- High cost at character creation
- Very long cooldown that isn't affected by Willpower and cannot be lower than 100 rounds
- Small chance every round for all of the player's mental mutations to go on cooldown
- Each use increases Glimmer, which can be dangerous, as it causes psychic assassins to be more powerful and numerous
|This information is reliable as of patch 126.96.36.199.|