Warning: Golgotha is very dangerous compared to the areas preceding it. It's easy to lose a level 14+ character in the tarnished chrome depths.
The only way to enter Golgotha at first is to drop down one of the Slimy Shafts on the surface into the Trash Chutes.
Once inside, prepare for a crazy dungeon unlike any you've likely encountered in a Roguelike!
Depth and ConnectionsEdit
Golgotha is 15 levels deep, though only the top 5 are needed for More Than a Willing Spirit. The top four are Garbage Chutes, the fifth is The Cloaca. The trip down is one-way, but you can find means to ascend back to the surface in the Cloaca.
Below that await the Fetid Pools, and then... not sure!
- There are four entrances to Golgotha; four garbage chutes, each with a different hazard.
- One has acid and poisonous gas
- One has electric traps
- One has crab spawners
- One has fire traps.
- Depending on your build each of these can either be hellish or a walk in the park
- All you gotta do is just run as fast as you could to the next chute, and ignore any obstacle and hazards
- As Golgotha is essentially a hazardous waste facility, It is important to prepare for diseases and poisons before venturing in.
- Poison Resist is important as a preventative measure
- Finding a copy of the Corpus Choliys and the cures described therein is necessary to cure diseases afterwards.
- Note that some diseases are easier to cure when they have not progressed far, so having the cures on hand before contracting them is a good idea.
- Traveling through Golgotha means you are likely to contract Glotrot, from either the Sewage Eels or Slog, and Glow-Wight Cultists have been observed carrying Ironshank.
- Remember to chug on Honey (bathe if you are an amphibian). Or chew on a Yuckwheat Stem as those two has preventative effect on diseases, even better if you cook using them
- The various sludges are somewhat safe to travel through when no dry path is available. They are full of Sewage Eels, which can cause you to randomly slip and fall, which subjects you to effects of the liquid(s) you're standing on.
- Black Ooze may infect you with a disease, Glotrot or Ironshank
- Green Goo causes Poison status
- Brown Sludge causes items to rust.
- All types of ooze can be swiftly cleared away with explosives and incendiary attacks. A Flamethrower or a collection of appropriate grenades can be enormously helpful for clearing a path through the Cloaca.
- Slog of the Cloaca is a rather dangerous foe, directly it wouldn't have been able to kill you but it is assisted by the various creatures that gets spawned in golgotha, including sewage eels
- Slog can spit out whatever sludge it is standing on, and if it is a black sludge it spit, then you are guranteed to get a disease once you got out of golgotha
- If you can kill Slog, butchering its corpse gives you Slog's Annunclus which adds resistance to acid and poison
- Since like most other, you are here to collect the waydroids of the quest, you can cheese golgotha with a character capable of flying by entering the fifth floor trough the trash chute locked behind the door. YOU REALLY NEED TO BE ABLE TO FLY, OTHERWISE YOU WOULD DIE FROM FALLING DAMAGE AND GET A REALLY NICE ACHIEVEMENT FOR IT
- Simply dig out the wall
- Enable your flying
- Go down five times, if you at any point left before reaching the fifth floor, you will stop flying and have no choice but to go trough one of the gauntlet the normal way
- Collect the waydroid and the run back to the elevator, if you are lucky, you might not even need to encounter Slog at all
- If you get into real trouble, Don't forget you have a Recoiler!
Trash Chutes and Cloaca
- Glow-wight Cultist of Agolgut
- Green Jell
- Black Jell
- Brown Jell
- Scrap Shoveler
- Electric Snail
- Chute Crab
- Sewage Eel
- Slog of the Cloaca
|Locations in Qud *|
|Salt Marsh >||Joppa - Red Rock - Waterlogged Tunnel|
|Great Salt Desert >||The Six Day Stilt ( The Stiltgrounds - Cathedral of Shekhinah ) - Trembling Dunes|
|Desert Canyons >||Rust Wells - Rusted Archway - Asphalt Mines|
|Flower Fields >||Bey Lah - Hollow Tree|
|North-Western Jungle >||Grit Gate - Golgotha ( Fetid Pools ) - Bethesda Susa - Garden of Geth|
|South-Eastern Jungle >||Kyakukya - Rainbow Wood - Tomb of the Eaters - Lair of Oboroqoru|
|The Spindle >||Banana Grove - Omonporch - Shadow of the Spindle|
|Chrome Ruins >||Deathlands|
|Rivers >||River Svy - River Yonth - River Opal - Opal's Duskwater|
|Others||Underground - Fungal Jungle - Slime Biome - Rust Bog - Snapjaw Fortress - Goatfolk Village|
|Mentioned Locations outside of Qud||Ekuemekiyye - Ibul - Yawningmoon|