Esper is a common term in Caves of Qud that describes a mutant with mental mutations.
- This Morphotype limits the random mutations you gain after character creation to mental type mutations at the cost of 1 MP
- Mental mutation-focused characters with high Ego scores can take this to guarantee that any random mutations they gain later on will synergize with their Ego bonus.
- You are limited to only get random mental mutations for the rest of your characters life, so it is possible (theoretically) to run out of places to put points into mutations
- You cannot take physical mutations or defects during character creation, either.
- Every time you take a new mutation, your Psychic Glimmer score will increase. "Generalist" mutants are less likely to be forced to take bad mental mutations since they're offered physical filler.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.