Provided this attack hits and penetrates the AV of the opponent, it will permanently dismember a limb of the opponent, which can also give them a bleeding status. Depending on the type of limb, this will slow them down or disarm them. If you also have unlocked Decapitation, there is a small chance that it will sever the opponents head, which usually is an instakill, unless the oppenent has multiple.
There also is a small chance for regular attacks to dismember limbs of opponents. This depends on the weapons and mods.
One handed axes adds 3% chance to dismember with regular attacks, Two handed axes adds 6% chances to dismember.
- The item mod serrated adds another 3% chance to dismember to a weapon (axes and long blades).
- Charging strike doubles the chance to dismember when you charge at your enemies, it even synergizes with serrated mod.
- Decapitation skill would allow you to kill enemies instantly by cutting off their head (some enemies may have multiple heads)
- The Berserk! skill will, for a certain amount of turns, guarantee that every successfull attack dismembers.
- Coupled with flurry, it would allow you to cut off 2-6 limbs (depending on how much arms you have) at once in one turn
- Enemies such as Madpoles, Saw-Handers and Decarbonizers can dismember the player's limbs as well.
Dismembered Limbs Edit
- Dismembered body parts count as 5 lb corpses, that can be eaten to sate hunger (if organic) and count as meat for the purposes of Carnivorous mutation.
- Faces, which give a +1-3 Ego (depending on the creature's level) when worn and -500 reputation with the face's factions (can be more than one)
- Two headed mutant with 2 two faced helmets can benefit from up to 12 additional Ego from wearing faces of high level creatures
- The usual legs and arms of creatures
- Cutting off feet and legs gives major movement speed reduction to the creature
- Cutting off hands and arms prevents attacks with those limbs and causes the creature to drop all weapons wielded with those limbs
- Some creatures may have unusual limbs (for example, pseupods) that grant them attacks until dismembered
- Several, otherwise rare weapon (some drops their respective weapon upon death regardless of dismemberment or disarment) from certain creatures such as:
- Seed-Spitting Vine's Seed Spit , a cheap rifle until it runs out of seeds.
- Laser Rifle from laser Turret or Mercurial
- Chaingun, Musket, and Desert Rifle from their respective turrets
- Booster Gun from Boosterbot, which shoots tonics
- Leering Stalker's decapitated head and Blast Cannon, which can be disassembled to get a AI Microcontrollers bit (7).
- Chrome Pyramid's decapitated head and Swarm Rack can be disassembled for Metacrystal bit (8)
- Robot limbs and faces may also be disassembled for tinkering Bits.
Regrowing Limbs Edit
These are that various methods used to regenerate cut off limbs
|Gameplay Mechanics||Achievements - Character Creation(Calling - Arcologies) - Cooking and Gathering - Cooking Recipes - Desecration - Dismemberment - Journal - Faction Hero - Psychic Glimmer- Psychic Assassin - Modification - Relic - Scrap & Bits - Tinkering - Trade - Water Ritual - Reputation - Wish/Cheats - World Map|
|Character Mechanics||Attributes - Quickness - Move Speed - AV - DV - Mental Armor - Hitpoints - Experience - Temperature - Skills - Mutation - Cybernetics - Mutants - True Kin|
|Major Categories||Artifacts - Armor & Equipment - Weapons - Monsters - Factions - Locations - Quests|
|Elemental Damages >||Acid - Electrical - Cold - Heat - Astral - EMP - Explosive - Light - Mental - Vibration|
|Status Effects >||Astrally Burdened - Astrally Tethered - Bleeding - Confused - Dazed - Fates Have Their Way - Fear - Flaming - Frozen - Ill - Itchy Skin - Lovesick - Paralyzed - Phased - Poison - Prone - Sleep - Slipped - Sprinting - Stuck - Stunned|