Get Q Girl's Instructions onto Argyve's Disk Edit
Locate the Mechanimist Compound at Bethesda SusaEdit
Travel north to the great cavern Bethesda Susa and locate the Mechanimist temple.
Decode the SignalEdit
Infiltrate the Mechanimist compound, engage the baetyl, and decode the signal.
Return to Grit GateEdit
See the page about Bethesda Susa for detailed information about the location
- Travel north of Grit Gate to Bethesda Susa.
- Reach the 15th floor of the ancient complex and take the platform down to the Mechanimist Compound.
- Battle to the Baetyl (If your standing with Mechanimists is high enough, that you are welcome to their holy places, just nod friendly and walk right up) and speak with it, insert the disk, and return to Grit Gate.
- Otho: "Are you ready to discuss the signal?"
- Player: 1) "Yes."
- Otho: "We have known about the signal for several years. One of our tinkers, Q Girl, discovered it while rigging a long wave detector. Unfortunately, it is encoded, and we do not have the means here to decrypt it. You may be of some healp in this matter, however.We've long known the location of a fully functioning baetyl within the bowels of the great hall Bethesda Susa. The Mechanimists have consecrated the site around it and built a temple there. Q Girl claims to have developed a means to decrypt the signal, but she needs the computing power of the baetyl. If you can infiltrate the Mechanimist compound, you may be able to engage the baetyle and decode the signal."
- Player: 1) "What is a baetyl?"
- Otho: "They are antique stones located in certain places deep within the cavers of Qud. We believe they are some sort of hyper-advanced machines built by the Eaters. Often one claims to possess a sentience of its own. However, most of them have gone haywire in the eons since their creation; it is rare indeed to discover one whos circuitry is wholly uncorroded. The Mechanimists worship this one as an idol, and they will protect it at all costs. You will need to find a way through their host to the baetyl itself. Do you believe you can accomplish this task?"
- Player: 1) "Yes, I do."
- Otho: "Good, apprentice. Speak to Q Girl in the workshop. She'll encode her instructions for the baetyl onto Argyve's disk. There is one more thing. The baetyl is located beneath the ancient cryobarrios of the Eaters. Time has worked to erode the mechanisms that contain their cryogenic mist. The freezing vapor billows out of the chambers freely now, cooling the entire cavern. You will want to procure warm clothing to protect yourself. The spoils of the Mechanimists are yours to keep. Remember, apprentice, Barathrum will look kindly upon your service."
- Player: 1) "I will return with the data, Steward. [Accept Quest].
Q Girl Edit
- Q Girl: "Quetzal, quetzal, quetzal! Welcome to the workshop, friend."
- Player: 4) "Otho informs me that you have a method for decoding the signal. Can you encode your instructions for the baetyl onto this disk?"
- Q Girl: "I do, brave friend. I'll impring them now."
- Player: 1) "Thank you, Q Girl." [Complete Quest Step]
- Otho: "Have you decoded the signal?"
- Player: 1) "Yes."
- Otho: "Well done, apprentice. Present the disc."
- Player: 1) [Give Otho the disc] [Complete Quest]
- New Quest available: The Earl of Omonporch
|Quests in Caves of Qud t|
|Main Quest||Fetch Argyve a Knickknack! - Fetch Argyve Another Knickknack! - Weirdwire Conduit.. Eureka! - A Canticle for Barathrum - More Than a Willing Spirit - Decoding the Signal - A Call To Arms - The Earl of Omonporch - The Assessment - Grave Thoughts - Pax Klanq, I presume?|
|Side Quest||What's Eating The Watervine? - O Glorious Shekhinah! - Raising Indrix - Spread Klanq around Qud in 4 Ways of Your Choosing - Petals on the Wind > Find Eskhind > Kith and Kin|
|Randomly Generated Quest||Village Quest - Visit Historical Site - Recover Historical Relic|