This Mutation costs 3 Mutation Points.
You release a burst of corrosive gas around yourself.
Cooldown: 35 rounds
- You release a cloud of corrosive gas around you for a number of rounds that increases as you level this mutation up (maximum 6 rounds). The gas lingers for additional rounds after it is released, dissipating after a short time.
Every round, in each tile around you, you release gas at a density of 100 units. The gas then spreads and slowly dissipates. The table below lists the typical damage per round caused by gas at a density of 100 units.
Gas damage is highly variable due to the way that gas spreads and dissipates. If you are in the corner of a zone or along the edge of a zone, your gas density could be slightly higher and you might do a bit more damage than described below. If your character is moving around a lot in a wide open space, you might do less damage than described below. Keep in mind that damage can also be affected by enemy acid resistance.
|Mutation Level||Rounds Active||Base gas damage per
|Base gas damage per
- Acid burns things. Including walls. At higher mutation levels this gas easily destroys most walls.
- You are immune to acid, including liquid acid and acid-typed damage from Gelatinous Frustrum.
- Acid burns things. Including useful items on the ground. At higher mutation levels the gas will instantly destroy most items that enemies drop on death.
- Acid is weak at low mutation levels.
- Your equipment is not immune to acid. (In practice, the gas won't typically damage things you are already carrying or have equipped, though.)