This Mutation costs 3 Mutation Points.
You confuse nearby enemies. [NOTE: Confusion is not completely implemented at the moment]
At Level 1: Edit
Affected creatures act semi-randomly and receive a -3 penalty to their mental abilities.
Cooldown: 40 rounds
Duration: 6d3 rounds
|Mutation Level||Duration||Penalty to Mental Abilities|
|nth Level||(n+5)d3 rounds||-(n+2)|
- Confused enemies may attack one another or blunder into dangerous terrain
- Effective at minimizing ranged attackers' ability to focus fire on you
- Capable of severely disrupting tightly-clumped groups of dangerous enemies
- Useful when trying to escape from many types of creatures
- Reduces mental resistance of affected targets, making them more susceptible to mental attacks like Domination and Sunder Mind.
- May be annoying to use for melee-oriented characters, since targets will wander around erratically
- Little to no direct offensive utility; must be used in conjunction with other tactics to be fully effective
- Highly random in nature and may not always produce the desired effect