Weapons in Caves of Qud are separated into categories, each with their own skill and specialization. That includes:
Melee Weapons are separated into four categories, to each have their own one-handed and two handed version.
- Long Blades
- Long Blades specialize in flexibly switching between 3 stances (Aggressive, Defensive, and Dueling) each with their own specialty which changes your abilities depending on your stance used. The biggest charm of this weapon is the ability to disarm enemies.
- Short Blades
- Short Blades specialize in attacking really fast, causing Bleeding, movement speed reduction, and other status effects to which only make short blade attacks faster.
- There is also hidden melee weapon category related to "Whips", It includes its own unique skill which can be found within the game files. There are very few known whip that are actually usable in the game.
Ranged weapon are separated into three categories, ranged weapons are equipped in separate slots which allows characters to flexibly switch between melee and ranged combat depending on the situation.
- Pistols are one handed missile weapon, you can learn the akimbo skill which allows you to shoot two pistol from each hand in one turn. Pistols specializes in mobility based combat, allowing you to take move around while shooting really fast, it can also disarm enemies like long blades.
- Bows & Rifles
- In spite of both being radically different, they have the same skill category mostly due to the latter being vastly superior. Bows and Rifles specializes in focusing attack to one target dealing massive damages and various status effects.
- Heavy Weapons
Useful Resources Edit
- See this page for information on Penetration Roll (Which what most player in Caves of Qud would be looking for since it doesn't really get explained thoroughly in the game)
- Elemental Damages, details on elemental damages in certain weapons
|Gameplay Mechanics||Achievements - Character Creation(Calling - Arcologies) - Cooking and Gathering - Cooking Recipes - Desecration - Dismemberment - Journal - Faction Hero - Psychic Glimmer- Psychic Assassin - Modification - Relic - Scrap & Bits - Tinkering - Trade - Water Ritual - Reputation - Wish/Cheats - World Map|
|Character Mechanics||Attributes - Quickness - Move Speed - AV - DV - Mental Armor - Hitpoints - Experience - Temperature - Skills - Mutation - Cybernetics - Mutants - True Kin|
|Major Categories||Artifacts - Armor & Equipment - Weapons - Monsters - Factions - Locations - Quests|
|Elemental Damage >||Acid - Electrical - Cold - Heat - Astral - EMP - Explosive - Light - Mental - Vibration|
|Status Effects >||Astrally Burdened - Astrally Tethered - Bleeding - Confused - Dazed - Fates Have Their Way - Fear - Flaming - Frozen - Ill - Itchy Skin - Lovesick - Paralyzed - Phased - Poison - Prone - Sleep - Slipped - Sprinting - Stuck - Stunned|
All items (200)