This Mutation costs 4 Mutation points.
You are protected by a durable carapace.
You may tighten your carapace to receive double the AV bonus
+400 reputation with tortoises
|Lvl||AV||DV||Heat resist||Cold Resist|
When using the wish command for this mutation, you need to wish for "mutation:Carapace" rather than simply "Carapace" or you will receive an instance of the carapace armor object rather than the mutation.
- Increased resistances
- Weighs nothing
- At full level, armor value is much higher than most armors, and less severe dodge value penalty
- Starting level gives a higher armor value than most early game armor
- Irritable Tortoises and non-Dromad aligned Great Saltbacks start out friendly to you and will attack enemies that threaten you.
- It significantly lowers your DV at low levels
- Cannot wear armor
- Taking practically any action loosens a tightened carapace, making the active ability not that useful outside of very niche applications (such as tightening the carapace before using Disintegration to minimize the damage taken while paralyzed)