This Mutation costs 3 Mutation Points.
You cause plants to spontaneously grow in a nearby area, hindering your enemies.
At Level 1: Edit
Cooldown: 105 rounds (-10 per mutation level)
Area: 3x3 + growth into adjacent tiles
+200 reputation with the Consortium of Phyta
|nth Level||115-(10*n) rounds|
- With high ego, it is possible to get the cooldown on this skill down to 5 rounds. With a high enough willpower, this can actually be reduced to 1 round, meaning that this skill can be used every other round, allowing rapid deployment of a leafy army.
- Can be coupled with force bubble, force wall, or wings to keep the player safe while the plants occupy enemies. Alternatively, if used with Clairvoyance or some similar effect, it can be targeted through walls, allowing you to harass enemies without exposing yourself to danger.
- With Harvestry, it can be very tediously farmed for materials for certain tonics.
- Finally, unlike most other powers, the plants last forever if not destroyed; this allows large amounts of plants to be deployed as a trap which you later lead enemies into.
- The long cooldown in the early levels makes this skill relatively weak in the early game.
- At later levels, it scales abysmally; it will continue to produce a lot of relatively useless plants like Qudzu and Jilted Lovers that aren't very effective against high-level monsters. The strongest monsters it produces are Gelatenous Palm and Red Death Dacca, both of which are melee, immobile, and still rather weak.
- Dreadroots created by this power will still inflict fear on the player.
- If you use Temporal Fugue, your clones will spawn plants that are friendly to them but hostile to you.
- The low accuracy Seed-Spitting Vines are likely to kill each other and aggro friendly monsters.