Pieces of Scrap, while useless on their own, can be disassembled for Tinkering Bits, which are used to create new objects, like Artifacts. Alphabet bits are very common and are used for base material, while numbered bits are rarer the higher its number would increase to match the tier of the artifact or weapon needed to make/modify. You require the disassembler skill from tinkering to acquire these bits.
A-D bit requirements are randomized on each blueprint on new game. Internally, they are referred to as '0' components.
|A||Scrap Power Systems|
|1||Phasic Power Systems|
General Sources Edit
- Scrap & Bits can be found lying around on the ground
- Inside various containers or looted from killed creatures.
- Destroyed & Dismembered mechanical creatures, such as turrets and robots, might also leave some random scrap behind, in the same manner as other creatures leave corpses.
- Traders dealing with technical items, such as Argyve in Joppa, usually have a selection of scrap for sale, as well.
- Most bits are obtained by disassembling pieces of scrap or various technological artifacts
- Note that when disassembling something, you are guaranteed to always receive its most valuable bit; you then have a 50% chance of getting each remaining bit.
Specific Bits Edit
|ABCD||Various Scraps, Can be purchased in large amounts from any tinker, such as Argyve|
|1||Gained by deconstructing Power Cells, which are often dropped by defeated robots. In a pinch, Mafeo in Grit Gate will always have a Grit Gate Recoiler for sale with an energy cell in it, which should have this bits
Tonics also tend to have lots of these
|2||Extracted from Muskets and Desert Rifles and similar guns have them as well, and are always carried by Goatfolk Yurtwarden in the east and members of the Issachari tribe in the deserts in the west.|
|3||Again, extracted from recoilers, Also found in Pump Shotgun and Semi-automatic Pistol|
|4||Extracted from high-level guns, such as a Carbine or a Chaingun, but these tend to be expensive
One way to get them is to disarm Chaingun Turrets (They will only drop them if disarmed, not if killed.)
|5||Extracted from Sphinx Salt Injectors, which are often sold by Mafeo and similar merchants.
Much rarer compared to Photonics contrary to its order
|6||Extracted from the furniture in Bethesda Susa, especially the Regeneration Tank (Always leave at least one intact in case of emergency)|
|7||Can be reliably salvaged from Leering Stalker, specifically its head and weapon|
|8||Can be reliably salvaged from Chrome Pyramid, specifically its head and weapon
Rodanis Y in Grit Gate always wields a Phase Cannon, which can be disassembled to get a Metacrystal (8). You'll need a way to disarm or kill the robot. Also, it will probably alienate the village for a while, which may delay the main questline.